- 1lb Ripe Millennium Pacific Red Cocktail Tomatoes
- 1 Small Red Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1Tsp Fresh Ginger Finely Chopped
- Dash of Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of Sea Salt/ Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Peeling tomatoes. With a paring Knife score an ‘X’ at the base of each tomato. Add to boiling water for 1 minute. Transfer to bowl of ice water. Remove skin with paring Knife. Remove seeds from tomatoes and cut into small cubes.
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, add tomatoes, and the rest of ingredients. Bring to a gentle boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until chutney is thick and has a jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Transfer to jars. Store in fridge and use within 2 weeks.